In celebration of Women’s History Month (March) 2015, the Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (NoMAA) invites artists to submit their work for Women in the Heights – The Human Essence, an exhibition featuring works by women artists of Northern Manhattan, tackling issues affecting humanity. The exhibition will take place in the NoMAA Gallery, 10 March – 14 April 2015.
Deadline for submissions: EXTENDED until Tuesday 10 February, 5 p.m. EST
Eligibility: Women artists residing in the Manhattan communities of El Barrio, Harlem, Inwood, and Washington Heights.
Please read and follow the guidelines carefully.
All fine art media will be considered for the exhibit. All work must fit through a standard door (please note that this year there is no space for self-standing sculpture, so wall-mounted work is preferred).
In order to be considered, artists should submit via e-mail the submission form and all relevant attachments no later than Friday 6 February 2015, before 5 p.m. EST.
E-mail submissions to:
All submissions must consist of:
- Submission form
- Bio/résumé (2 pages maximum, Word or PDF)
- Brief artist statement pertaining to the artwork (1–2 paragraphs, Word or PDF)
- Four digital images of available work (please follow image specifications detailed in the submission form)
- Image list with prices (Word or PDF)
- Deadline: Friday 6 February 2015, 5 p.m. EST
- Notification: by Friday 20 February 2015
- Delivery of accepted work: Thursday and Friday, 26–27 February 2015
- Exhibit opening: Tuesday 10 March 2015, 6:30–8 p.m.
- Artist talk: Tuesday 31 March 2015, 6:30–8 p.m.
- Pick-up of work: Wednesday 15 April through Friday 17 April 2015 (between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.)
Please read and follow the instructions carefully:
- Participating artists must provide all of the requested materials by the dates indicated above.
- All artwork must be presented in a professional manner (including professional-grade framing, matting and display materials, and hanging wire). All work must be labeled on the back with artist’s name, title of the artwork, medium, and retail price.
- All artwork must be ready to hang. If specialized display material is needed, the artist must provide it. Please note that NoMAA has a limited number of pedestals and display materials.
- Media/video works must be delivered and/or installed according to NoMAA specifications. NoMAA does not have an extensive list of materials/equipment for installation. Monitors/screens must be provided by the artist.
- All artwork must be available for exhibition for the duration of the show.
- Sales of arts works are not conducted at NoMAA. However, a price list will be available, and artists will be contacted directly by interested buyers. We suggest a donation of 15% of the sale to NoMAA to help sustain our gallery.
- Images of the artwork may be used by NoMAA for promotion of the exhibit (for non-commercial purposes only).
- Artists will be asked to participate in an artist panel on Tuesday 31 March 2015.
Listing expiration: February 10, 2015.
2 replies on “Call for women artists: Women in the Heights – The Human Essence”
Are photos allowed as well? It isn’t very clear. Thanks!
Yes they are: “All fine art media will be considered for the exhibit.”