The Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (NoMAA) is a non-profit arts service organization that cultivates, supports and promotes the works of artists and arts organizations in Northern Manhattan. read more »
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 10, 2019 AT 5PM
UMEZ Arts Engagement is a grant program designed to enhance the diversity and frequency of arts and cultural presentations in Upper Manhattan. The program provides direct support for these activities to Upper Manhattan’s artists and nonprofit arts organizations under the guiding principle that support for artists of diverse disciplines, practices, cultural backgrounds, and career stages contributes to the vibrancy and sustainability of the communities in which they live and work. UMEZ Arts Engagement invites proposals from artists and arts organizations that are 1) based in Upper Manhattan and 2) presenting arts projects or programming in Upper Manhattan between January 1–December 31, 2020.
Program funding is provided by the Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone Development Corporation (UMEZ). UMEZ Arts Engagement is administered by Lower Manhattan Cultural Council (LMCC).
Not sure if you are eligible for UMEZ Arts Engagement? Take LMCC’s 1-minute Eligibility Quiz / Cuestionario de Elegibilidad.
- LMCC – UMEZ ARTS ENGAGEMENT info session
- Fundraising Fundamentals with LMCC
- NoMAA Inwood Banners 2019
- (Spanish) El Diario : Estudios abiertos en el Paseo de las Artes
- PIX 11 at the Stroll Opening 5-28-19
- WABC at the Stroll Opening 5-28-19
- (Español) Carlos Cabrera hablando con Joanna Castro, Directora Ejecutiva de NoMAA
- Social Media for Artists & Arts Professionals
- 4th Annual Earth Day Festival
- Amble for Art – Uptown Art Stroll in the Manhattan Times