DEADLINE Sunday, April 2, 2023 11:59pm
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS / FREE APPLICATION FORM BELOW
$1,500 Grand Prize 1st place winner
$750 for 2nd place
$500 for 3rd place
The 21st Uptown Arts Stroll/Paseo de las Artes is a hybrid of in-person & virtual programming in June 2023 from West 135th to West 220th Street in West Harlem, Washington Heights & Inwood. The Uptown Arts Stroll started as a volunteer organized one-day event the Sunday before Thanksgiving 2003 and grew into a month-long festival celebrating northern Manhattan’s visual and performing artists. The Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (NoMAA) has produced the Uptown Arts Stroll since 2008.
In June 2023 the Uptown Arts Stroll welcomes the Tony Awards to our home at the United Palace, and the image should reflect that special occasion.
- Unpublished original artwork
- Eye catching image
- Artwork must include the phrase – Uptown Arts Stroll/Paseo de las Artes
- Artwork must be square and be legible in various sizes for print and social media
- Reproducible on a large scale (up to 6 x 6 feet) for photo backdrop. (Preferred. NoMAA will work with the winner on scaling image.)
- Please submit a file of up to 1mb for the jury
- Artists may only submit one (1) artwork for consideration
Artists must be West Harlem, Washington Heights or Inwood residents (W135th to W155th St from Edgecombe Ave west to the Hudson River; W155th St to W220th St river-to-river)
- A panel of distinguished judges from the local arts community will select the grand prize 1st place winner, 2nd and 3rd place winner.
- The names of the artists will not be submitted to the judges.
- NoMAA owns the intellectual property rights of the 2023 Uptown Arts Stroll poster design of the grand prize 1st place winner, 2nd and 3rd place winner.
- The grand prize 1st place winner’s artwork will be exclusively used to promote the 2023 Uptown Arts Stroll online and in print.
Listing expiration: April 2, 2023.