As part of the Uptown Arts Stroll 2016, the Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (NoMAA) invites artists to submit their work for Uptown Arts Review 2016, an exhibition featuring work by artists of Northern Manhattan.
Deadline for submissions (extended): Sunday 24 April 2016, 11:59 p.m. EDT
Eligibility: All artists residing in the Manhattan communities of El Barrio, Harlem, Inwood, Washington Heights and Marble Hill.
Please follow these guidelines carefully.
- Wall-hung works in all fine art media will be considered for the exhibit. Maximum width of all artworks is 24” (including frame).
- All submissions must consist of:
- Submission form, including artist information, a brief artist statement, and an image list with information on each artwork (Word format, label as “LastName_FirstName_UptownArtsReview_2016_SubmisionForm.docx”).
- Bio/résumé (one-page maximum (Word format, label as “LastName_FirstName_Resume.docx”).
- Four digital images of available work not exceeding 24” wide, including frame. Format and label images as per specifications on the submission form.
(All dates to be confirmed.)
- Submission deadline (extended): Sunday 24 April 2016, 11:59 p.m. EDT
- Notification: first week in May
- Delivery of accepted works, at the Rio II Gallery, 583 Riverside Drive (at 135th Street), New York, NY 10031: Tuesday 31 May and Wednesday 1 June 2016
- Opening reception: Monday 6 June 2016, 6–8 p.m.
- Exhibit dates: 6–30 June 2016
- Closing reception and artist talk/workshop: Monday 20 June 2016, 6–8 p.m.
- Pick-up of work: 5 and 6 July 2016 (TBC)
Please read and follow the instructions carefully.
- Participating artists must provide all of the requested materials by the dates indicated above.
- All artwork must be ready to hang.
- All artwork must be presented in a professional manner (including: professional-grade framing, matting and display materials.) All works must have hanging wire attached to the back (2” below top edge of work); no other hanging hardware will be accepted. The gallery has a railing system with rods and hooks; no picture hanging hooks or nails will be used on the walls.
- All work must be labeled on the back with artist’s name.
- All artwork must be available for exhibition for the duration of the show.
- Sales of artworks are not conducted by NoMAA. However, a price list will be available, and artists will be contacted directly by interested buyers. We suggest a donation of 15% of the sale to NoMAA to help sustain our gallery.
- Images of the artwork may be used by NoMAA for promotion of the exhibit (for non-commercial purposes only).
- Artists will be asked to participate in an Artist Talk.
Please note that Broadway Housing Communities has insurance coverage for the Rio II Gallery, 583 Riverside Drive. There is, however, no fine arts insurance for individual pieces.
Listing expiration: April 24, 2016.