Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (NoMAA) announces its next exhibition, Immigrant Too, a follow-up to NoMAA’s previous show of 2010, titled Immigrant.
This second exhibition delves into the artist’s notion of being an “immigrant,” how he or she responds to the present immigration debate as it is carried out in personal, public, and political spaces, and what approaches the artist takes, from the subtle and conceptual, to the blatantly political. All artists are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for submissions: Monday 9 September 2013, 5 p.m. EDT
Eligibility: Artists residing in the Manhattan communities of El Barrio, Harlem, Inwood and Washington Heights. All fine art media will be considered for the exhibit.
Please read and follow the guidelines carefully. In order to be considered, artists should submit via e-mail the submission form and all relevant attachments no later than Monday 9 September 2013, before 5 p.m. EDT.
E-mail submissions to:
Questions: +1 212 568-4396.
All submissions must consist of:
- Submission form
- Bio/resumé (2 pages maximum, Word or PDF)
- Artist’s statement (1–2 paragraphs, Word or PDF) commenting on the themes of the work as they relate to this exhibit, the process used or other pertinent descriptive material
- Five digital images of available work (please follow image specifications detailed below)
- Image and price list (Word or PDF) with images of each work and its corresponding title, date completed, medium, dimensions and selling price
- Deadline: Monday 9 September 2013, 5 p.m. EDT
- Notification: by Tuesday 17 September
- Delivery of accepted work: Monday 23 September
- Opening reception: Thursday 10 October
- Artist talk: Tuesday 29 October
- Pick-up of work: Friday 22 November and Monday 25 November
Please read and follow the instructions carefully.
- Participating artists must provide all of the requested materials by the dates indicated above.
- All artwork must be presented in a professional manner, including: professional-grade framing, matting and display materials, and hanging wire.
- All work must be labeled on the back/bottom with: artist’s name, title of the artwork, medium, and retail price.
- All artwork must be ready to hang. If specialized display material is needed, the artist must provide it.
- Media/video works must be delivered and/or installed according to NoMAA specifications.
- NoMAA has a limited number of pedestals as well as materials/equipment for installation. These must be provided by the artist unless otherwise instructed.
- All artwork must be available for exhibition for the duration of the show.
- Images of the artwork may be used by NoMAA for promotion of the exhibit (for non-commercial purposes only).
- Artists will be asked to participate in an artists’ panel on Tuesday 29 October 2013.
Please forward this information to any Northern Manhattan artists who may be interested in participating.
We look forward to receiving your submissions!
Listing expiration: September 3, 2013.