COLLAGE WORKSHOPS with Marne Lucas
COLLAGE WORKSHOPS with Marne Lucas, Saturday, November 13 and Sunday, November 14 at Kente Royal Gallery.
Drop in anytime between 1-6pm. Free, All ages are welcome, beautiful materials will be provided via the @mftanyc and participants will go home with their art work.
Kente Royal Gallery, 2373 Adam Clayton Powell Jr Blvd, NYC 10030.
???? Bring your Covid-19 vaccination card/ID, its a Key to NYC requirement!
???? B/C train to 135TH, 2/3 train to 135TH.
As part of the ‘ReImagine: Grief, Growth, and Action’ Fall 2021 @letsreimagine programming designed to bring awareness to death and grief, Kente Royal Gallery and Marne Lucas Studio will co-host a series of free events, are ADA accessible, and will be live-streamed on Instagram and Facebook.
The exhibitions ‘Quietus’ + ‘Deidades’ and related events are made possible in part with funding from an Arts Engagement grant from the Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone Development Corporation @umezdc administered by the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council @lmcc_nyc
Artist Reception with Marne Lucas and Manuel Pecina
- 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 6, 2021
- 'Quietus' by Harlem artist Marne Lucas is an exhibition of black and white infrared thermal photography and collage works on paper exploring mortality, spirit, and transformation. Lucas is presenting a legacy color photography series 'Deidades' by her collaborator in the Bardo ∞ Project, Latinx artist Manuel Pecina. The exhibition was made possible in part by a 2021 Creative Engagement grant from UMEZ via the LMCC. The Bardo∞ Project is ongoing collaborations with artists nationwide who are experiencing life-limiting diseases to create legacy projects and make their lives as vibrant as before the diagnosis. Manuel Pecina, a Dallas, Texas based visual artist is part of this endeavor. The Bardo Project includes public arts programming and outreach about end of life care planning.All events at the gallery are free, ADA accessible, and will be live-streamed on Instagram and Facebook. Transit: 2/3 train to 135 TH ST (Harlem Hospital), B/C train 135th ST, Bus M2 to 137TH ST/Adam Clayton Powell Blvd.
‘A Community Conversation- Creativity, Grief and End of Life Care planning’
- 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021*All events are free, ADA accessible, and will be live-streamed on Instagram and Facebook.
- An informal panel discussion with Dr. William LaRock, RN, PhD, artist/end of life doula Marne Lucas, Avery Lenora Ross, Grief Counselor, and artist/end of life doula Mangda Sengvanhphen, BACII. Community health, grief, legacy, and end of life care planning will be discussed with a Q & A to follow. Refreshments will be served with Harlem-based Modestine Teas. Transit: 2/3 train to 135 TH ST (Harlem Hospital), B/C train 135th ST, Bus M2 to 137TH ST/Adam Clayton Powell Blvd.
Art Making: Collage Workshops
- 1:00pm - 6:00pm
- Saturday, November 13 th, Sunday 14th, and Saturday 20th,
- Free, drop in, all ages, open to the public, all materials provided, participants may keep their artwork. All events are free, ADA accessible, and will be live-streamed on Instagram and Facebook. Transit: 2/3 train to 135 TH ST (Harlem Hospital), B/C train 135th ST, Bus M2 to 137TH ST/Adam Clayton Powell Blvd.