The Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance announces the 2015 Uptown Arts Stroll Poster Contest, open to Washington Heights–Inwood and West Harlem artists.
For this year’s submissions for the poster contest, artists are asked to incorporate these elements into their proposed art work:
- The central theme is how do we get uptown? Take the ___ uptown (i.e., train, bus, etc.).
- Include elements of uptown’s diverse arts and cultural scene.
- Include “Uptown Arts Stroll” in the design.
- Artist must be a Washington Heights–Inwood or West Harlem resident (West 135th to 220th Street).
- Artist may submit only one (1) image for consideration.
- Entry must be a high-resolution (300 dpi with 2,440 pixels) JPG (above 3–4 MB), EPS or TIFF file, without the artist’s name.
- E-mail entry must include:
- Artist’s full name (first and last)
- Artist’s brief bio or artist statement
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Art work title and media
- Entry must be submitted by email to by 5 p.m. EST, Tuesday 17 February 2015.
Finalist and winner selection
A panel of distinguished judges, drawn from the local arts community, will select the finalists. Consideration will be given to eye-catching original and unpublished images that reflect the elements identified above.
Selected finalists agree to:
- Bring a hard copy of the image (do not include artist’s name), on foam or paperboard, 24 inches by 18 inches, to exhibit at the NoMAA Artists’ Salon on Monday 16 March 2015 at 809 Restaurant, 112 Dyckman Street, where the winning image will be selected by community vote.
- Agree their images will be utilized in any way to promote the community vote at the NoMAA Artists’ Salon.
Selected winner agrees that:
- The selected image will be used in the poster that will represent and promote the 2015 Uptown Arts Stroll. NoMAA will work with you to include additional text in the Uptown Arts Stroll poster such as dates, contact information, sponsors, etc.
- Allow image to be used in any publications with the following dimensions:
- Poster: 11 x 17 in.
- Brochure: 6 x 10¾ in.
- Postcard: 5½ x 8½ in.
- Other marketing and promotional materials
- Allow for full color and B&W reproduction.
Grand prize winner receives:
- $500 honorarium
- Exclusive graphic representation throughout the 2015 Uptown Arts Stroll