DEADLINE OCTOBER 13, 2022 11:59 PM
The Fellowship is a testing ground for new ideas that connect artistic practice, civic engagement, and social justice. Through the Fellowship for Utopian Practice, Culture Push serves artists by providing creative, analytical, and logistical tools in the creation of truly transformative projects.
Of the three selected Fellows, one slot will be dedicated to our Black Utopian Fellow.
The Black Utopian Fellowship is an incubator Fellowship created by #DayOnes in collaboration with Culture Push. The BUF is a year-long Fellowship for Black artists, researchers, scientists and inventors, with career development and mentorship through a connection with Black-run institutions. The intent of the Black Utopian Fellowship is to share resources and support social engagement, educational programming, and revitalization of communal hubs.
: BUF THEME :
Social Equity: (in the form of Programing/ Exhibitions/ Research/ Archives) Creating systems that will be legacy in building the foundation of cultural equity and humanist change for the betterment of our world.
To be considered for the Fellowship, projects must:
- Be interactive and engage the public (entirely or in part), in accordance with our mission. Note: Our definition of “civic engagement” includes public talks, live interactive components, skill-shares, participatory performances and similar activities that in some way address the public good and have clearly defined goals for serving as a means of generating social change.
- Test a new and previously unrealized idea that expands the scope of the applicant’s current practice.
- Not be considered as an exhibition or the production of a ‘show,’ but rather a series of events and/or actions aimed at engaging the public.
- Occur during the Fellowship year.
- Take place within the 5 boroughs of NYC (projects may have components outside of this geographic region, but they will not be supported by Culture Push).
If your proposed project is part of a larger piece or series, Culture Push funding may only be applied toward the public engagement component of the project.
Listing expiration: October 13, 2022.