During the months of December and January, the Kota Alliance (Kota) will be hosting A Celebration of Light – A Celebration of Humanity: a month-long visual art exhibit and pop-up shop for women/womynx. During the winter holiday season, many cultures and religions traditionally celebrate with images of light. Clouded by the darkness of world events, artists can point the way to affirm our shared humanity and provide a symbol of hope. The exhibition will assert the diverse experiences of women/womynx artists as they reflect on humanity and lightness. The exhibition will also serve artists in the community by providing a platform for arts sales. The sale of your artwork will be promoted on social media and during scheduled holiday events.
We invite artists whose work corresponds to the theme of the exhibition to submit an application on Google Forms, which can be found in the link below. Our goal is to exhibit as many women/womynx artists’ works as possible.
Eligibility: Self-identified women/womynx artists; There are no geographical limitations, but artwork must be delivered and picked up at the expense of the artist.
Deadline for submissions: Sunday, November 26, 5 pm EST
Confirmation of participating work: Friday, December 1
Artwork drop off: Friday, December 8
Exhibition/pop-up shop: Wednesday, December 13, 2023 – Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Opening Reception/open house: Wednesday, December 13, 6-8 pm
Artwork pick-up: January 11, 2024
- Please submit one piece of art not larger than 24” x 24” (including frame).
- Artwork must be presented in a professional manner, including professional-grade framing, matting and display materials. Unframed works must be cradled, stretched or appropriately mounted (excluding textile, 3-D, or odd-shaped works, which must include professional hanging hardware).
- Artwork must have hanging wire attached to the back (3” from the center/top). No other hanging hardware (string, sawtooth hangers, etc.) will be accepted. Please contact us with any questions regarding hanging.
- Artwork must be labeled on the back with the artist’s name and title.
- Artwork must be available for exhibition for the duration of the show.
- Sales of artworks are not conducted by Kota. However, a price list will be available, and artists will be contacted directly by interested buyers. We suggest a donation of 15% of the sale price to Kota to help sustain our programs.
- Images of the artwork may be used by Kota for promotion of the exhibit (for non-commercial purposes only), including on Kota’s website and as part of the exhibition digital and physical catalog.
- Artists need to sign a Loan Agreement.
- Insurance: Kota insures artworks while in the gallery up to $2500, additional insurance needs to be supplied by the artist (see Loan Agreement.)
Listing expiration: November 26, 2023.