En Foco Photography Fellowship 2022
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Opens: Friday, September 17, 2021 | 12:00AM
Deadline: Thursday, November 18, 2021 | 11:59PM
The fellowships will be announced February 2022.
The 7th Annual En Foco Photography Fellowship is designed to support photographers of color who demonstrate the highest quality of work as determined by a photography panel of peers and industry professionals. The Photography Fellowship Program will:
- award 10 Fellowships at $1,000 per,
- include Fellows in a 2022 Group Exhibition,
- feature the Fellows in the 2022 Nueva Luz publication printed and online editions,
- and provide Professional Development and Networking Opportunities.
En Foco is highly regarded for its leadership in support of photographers of color and for its advocacy role in addressing the issues related to cultural equity and access. Previous Fellows have had access to many opportunities beyond the fellowship as a result of this award.
WHO CAN APPLY
- Photographers of Latino, African, Asian American heritage, and Native Peoples of the Americas and Pacific Islanders.
- Must be a resident of New York City or New York State for the past year at the time of submission and must show proof of residency.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Collaborating photographers are eligible to apply BUT only one photographer can submit the application.
- Previous fellowship recipients must wait three years before they can reapply.
- Photography for consideration must represent work completed after 2019.
WHO CANNOT APPLY
- Graduate or undergraduate students matriculated in a fine art and/or photography degree program at the time of application submission.
- En Foco’s Board members and staff are ineligible to apply.
The Fellowships selected are based exclusively on the excellence and quality of the work submitted. All work will be reviewed by panelists selected from a pool of photography and photography-related professions, such as photographers, curators, critics, and collectors. Each year, new panelists are chosen to ensure a fresh perspective in the fellowship review process. En Foco’s Board of Directors will review the panel recommendations to assure the integrity of the process and formally approve the Fellowship awardees.
The ten Fellowship Recipients will be notified via email. The Recipients will each receive $500 dollars with the balance, $500 to be remitted at the Fellowship Recipients participation and completion in their exhibition.
- Create an account with Submittable.com.
- A written description (no more than 300 words). Describe specific aspects of your work practices such as subject matter, context, content, location and personal relevance of the work you submitted.
- A one-page resume & 150-word biography.
- A 200-word artist statement.
- 5-7 images (5 images are required, additional 2 are optional,) Follow the sizing guidelines. *We highly recommend that the works submitted are from a series, but it is not a requirement to submit.*
- Head shot (300 dpi jpeg only).
The application form does not have to be completed in a single session; the system will save your draft application. We suggest that you save often as you fill out the form, and that you save a copy of any narrative texts.
Listing expiration: November 18, 2021.