Open Call – Healing and Community: Physical to Virtual
NoMAA PRESENTS THREE ONLINE EXHIBITION ROOMS
Healing and Community: Physical to Virtual
curated by Patricia Miranda
Open Call for Uptown Artists & Performers
Submission Deadline (extended): April 29, 2020
Reflection: Art of introspection and meditation
– This gallery explores work that offers solace and contemplation in a challenging time
Connection: Art that links the self to others
– This gallery explores work that reflects and represents our communities, local to global
Community: Art as action
– This gallery explores work that reflects and represents the challenges of the world – and calls us to action
Art weaves threads of connection across otherwise robust boundaries.
These connections translate into actions that ripple out into the world as culture, through art that reflects, critiques, and celebrates the complicated world we live in.
In a time of social distancing, art brings us together. We sing across balconies, dance across computer screens, paint and post pictures of the mundane and the extraordinary, the tragic and the comedic. Art connects us when we cannot physically be together, and reminds us of the bonds that make us a community.
Open to artists working or residing in El Barrio, Harlem, Washington Heights or Inwood. Above 110th Street on the West Side (west of 5th Ave) and above 96th Street on the East Side (east of 5th Ave).
- Original works only
- Submit up to 4 images in any visual art medium
- Submit max 5 min video of performance – including spoken word, dance, theater or multi-disciplinary. Videos must be uploaded to Youtube, and Youtube url (website link) entered in submission form (example: https://youtu.be/iuESazLXcQY).
ONLINE GALLERY EVENTS at www.artstroll.com
May 6, 7:30pm Artist Talk
May 20, 7:30pm Curator’s Walk