The Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (NoMAA) welcomes submissions for the upcoming NoMAA Gallery exhibition titled “Selfless Selfies.” The exhibit seeks to present black-and-white images by uptown photographers that narrate stories from our uptown communities, from the quotidian to the extraordinary.
Deadline for submissions: Friday 12 September 2014, 5:00 p.m. EDT
Exhibition dates: 16 October – 19 November 2014
Eligibility: Open to all photographers who reside and whose images reflect stories of the uptown communities in El Barrio, Central/West Harlem, Washington Heights or Inwood.
Please read and follow the guidelines carefully.
To be considered, photographers should submit via e-mail all relevant attachments to by Friday 12 September 2014, before 5:00 p.m. EDT.
Submission is FREE: No submission fees required.
If you have questions, please call +1 212 568-4396.
All submissions must consist of:
- Two to four black-and-white photographs in high resolution JPEGs of at least 3 MB in size, or at least 300 dpi.
- A fully completed submission form.
- In addition to the submission form, please provide a brief narrative of no more than 5 lines to accompany the images that conveys the photographer’s thoughts about their submission as a whole. Please indicate the sequence of photographs.
Accepted work (please read and follow the instructions carefully):
- Selected photographers must provide all of the requested materials by the deadline date indicated above.
- Selected photographers will be asked to provide prints of their submissions. Black-and-white prints should be on photographic paper with a matte or non-glossy finish.
- All photographs must be available for the duration of the show.
- All work must be labeled on the back with: photographer’s name, title of the photographic set, and sale price, if any.
- Sales of photographic works are not conducted at NoMAA. However, participating photographers must provide a price list on the submission form, and you will be contacted directly by interested buyers. We suggest a donation of 15% of the sale go toward NoMAA to help sustain our gallery.
- Images of the artwork may be used by NoMAA for archival program purposes, promotion of the exhibit and other NoMAA programs.
- Photographers will be required to participate in a panel discussion on 28 October 2014, 6:30 pm.
- Deadline: Friday 12 September 2014, 5 p.m. EDT
- Notification: by Friday 26 September 2014
- Delivery of printed photographs: Monday and Tuesday, 6 and 7 October 2014
- Exhibition opening: Thursday 16 October, 6–8 p.m.
- Artist talk: Tuesday 28 October 2014, 6:30–8 p.m.
- Pick-up of work: Thursday and Friday, 20 and 21 November 2014
Please forward to any Northern Manhattan photographer who may be interested in participating.