Display your work in one of NYC’s public parks! The Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (NoMAA) and New York Restoration Project (NYRP) are accepting submissions for The Ephemeral Arts Project, a series of temporary art installations to be on display during June 2014.
In conjunction with NoMAA’s Uptown Arts Stroll 2014, NYRP will host installations in Sherman Creek Park. Accepted artists will receive a $300 stipend, and work will be installed to coincide with Hike the Heights’s walking tour through Sherman Creek Park on 7 June. The project aims to create opportunities for artists from Northern Manhattan and beyond to engage with the varied landscapes and communities in and around Sherman Creek Park. The program is sponsored in part by Con Edison.
Interested artists must submit proposals electronically by 23 April 2014. Please read below for guidelines.
- Preference will be given to site-specific work that engages with the social or ecological landscape of Northern Manhattan.
- Installations must not damage the landscape.
- Collaborations, interventions, performance or time-based work is welcome.
- There are no specific size parameters.
- NYRP will supervise the installation of all work and file any necessary permits.
- NYRP is not responsible for damage caused by weather or vandalism.
Proposals must include:
- Artist(s) contact information
- Artist(s) résumé and/or vision statement (limit to one page)
- Detailed description of the proposed work including:
- specific dimensions
- materials used
- approximate time needed for set-up
- Photos and/or sketches are preferred.
- Include consideration of how the work will function in a public park, including potential damage to the landscape or public safety concerns (limit to two pages).
- Examples of previous work (up to 5 images).
Project implementation details:
- April 23: Proposals due
- May 1: Acceptance notification
- May 26-30: Installation set-up
- June 7: Exhibition opening
- June 28 – July 3: Installation break-down
Please submit proposals electronically by 23 April 2014 to Joanna E. Castro at
- 2014 Uptown Arts Stroll
- Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance
- NYRP and Sherman Creek Park
- Questions about Sherman Creek Park? Contact Jordan Dyniewski, Director of Public Events, NYRP, at (212) 333-2552 or