In celebration of Women’s History Month (March), the Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (NoMAA) invites artists to submit their work for Women in the Heights – Reflections on Creating, an exhibition featuring the work of women artists of Northern Manhattan.
Deadline for submissions: Friday 31 January 2014, 5 p.m. EST
Eligibility: Women artists residing in the Manhattan communities of El Barrio, Harlem, Inwood and Washington Heights.
All fine art media will be considered for the exhibit. All work must fit through a standard door (please note that there is very limited space for self-standing sculpture, so wall-mounted work is preferred).
Please read and follow the guidelines carefully.
In order to be considered, artists should submit via e-mail the submission form and all relevant attachments no later than Friday 31 January 2014, before 5 p.m. EST.
E-mail submissions to:
Questions: +1 212 568-4396
All submissions must consist of:
- Submission form
- Bio/résumé (2 pages maximum, Word or PDF)
- Brief artist statement pertaining to the artwork (1–2 paragraphs, Word or PDF)
- Four digital images of available work (please follow image specifications detailed below)
- Image list with prices (Word or PDF)
Deadline: Friday 31 January 2014, 5 p.m. EST
Notification: by Wednesday 12 February 2014
Delivery of accepted work: Thursday–Friday 20–21 February 2014
Exhibition opening: Thursday 6 March 2014, 6–8 p.m.
Artist talk: Wednesday 19 March 2014, 6:30–8 p.m.
Pick-up of work: Thursday–Friday 10–11 April 2014
Please read and follow the instructions carefully.
- Participating artists must provide all of the requested materials by the dates indicated above.
- All artwork must be presented in a professional manner, including professional-grade framing, matting and display materials, and hanging wire.
- All work must be labeled on the back/bottom with: artist’s name, title of the artwork, medium, and retail price.
- All artwork must be ready to hang. If specialized display material is needed, the artist must provide it. Please note that NoMAA has a limited number of pedestals and display materials.
- Media/video works must be delivered and/or installed according to NoMAA specifications. NoMAA does not have an extensive list of materials/equipment for installation. Monitors/screens must be provided by the artist.
- All artwork must be available for exhibition for the duration of the show.
- Sales of art works are not conducted at NoMAA. However, a price list will be available, and artists will be contacted directly by interested buyers. We suggest a donation of 15% of the sale to NoMAA to help sustain our gallery.
- Images of the artwork may be used by NoMAA for promotion of the exhibit (for non-commercial purposes only.)
- Artists will be asked to participate in an artist panel on Wednesday 19 March 2014.