In celebration of Women’s History Month (March), the Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (NoMAA) invites artists to submit their work for Women in the Heights – Celebrations, an exhibition in the NoMAA Gallery featuring the work of women artists of Northern Manhattan.
Deadline for Submissions: Thursday 31 January 2013, 5 p.m. EST
Women artists residing in Washington Heights and Inwood are eligible. All interested artists must reside within the boundaries of Northern Manhattan (river to river above 155th Street).
All fine art media will be considered for the exhibit. All work must fit through a standard door (please note that there is very limited space for self-standing sculpture, so wall-mounted work is preferred).
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES CAREFULLY
In order to be considered, artists should submit via e-mail the submission form, and all relevant attachments no later than Thursday 31 January 2013, before 5 p.m. EST. E-mail submissions to | Questions: +1 212 568-4396
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST CONSIST OF:
- Submission form
- Bio/Resumé (2 pages maximum; Word or PDF)
- Brief Artist’s Statement pertaining to the artwork (1–2 paragraphs; Word or PDF)
- Four digital images of available work (please follow image specifications detailed below)
- Image/Price list (Word or PDF)
- Deadline: Thursday 31 January 2013, 5 p.m. EST
- Notification: by Wednesday 13 February 2013
- Delivery of accepted work: 19–20 February 2013
- Artist’s Talk: Monday 11 March 2013, 6–8 p.m.
- Pick-up of work: 19–23 April 2013
ACCEPTED WORK (please read and follow the instructions carefully):
- Participating artists must provide all of the requested materials by the dates indicated above.
- All artwork must be presented in a professional manner (including: professional-grade framing, matting and display materials, and hanging wire). All work must be labeled on the back/bottom with: artist’s name, title of the artwork, medium, and retail price.
- All artwork must be ready to hang. If specialized display material is needed, the artist must provide it. Please note that NoMAA has a limited number of pedestals and display materials.
- Media/Video works must be delivered and/or installed according to NoMAA specifications. NoMAA does not have an extensive list of materials/equipment for installation. These must be provided by the artist unless otherwise instructed.
- All artwork must be available for exhibition for the duration of the show.
- Sales are not conducted at NoMAA, however, a price list will be available, and artists will be contacted directly by interested buyers. In order to help sustain our gallery, a 15% donation on the value of the artwork sold due to being exhibited at NoMAA is welcomed.
- Images of the artwork may be used by NoMAA for promotion of the exhibit (for non-commercial purposes only).
- Artists will be asked to participate in an artists’ panel on Monday 11 March 2013.
Please forward to any Northern Manhattan women artists who may be interested in participating. We look forward to receiving your submissions!
For additional information, please e-mail